Don’t be mislead… there is no such thing as a bite proof sensor. Prevention is the key… Dentalaire offers a real solution.
- Bite resistant sensor
- Prevention Education
- Tooth Props
- Protective Sensor Boot
Key features to look for when evaluating a veterinary dental imaging system:
- Recommended software features
- Veterinary specific (human systems are not recommended)
- User friendly (large buttons with full descriptions and popup tips)
- Direct e-mail of images (for clients and colleagues)
- On-board patient report generator (major workflow enhancer)
- CD image burning
- Auto full-screen display after capture
- Spawn from exam to extraction series
- Practice Management System Integration – be sure there’s integration on many levels including Modality Work List (MWL) retrieval, Auto-Routing to PACS, and Data Grabbing technology, at the least.
- Out of warranty sensor replacement – sensors rarely fail from manufacturing defects; therefore warranty is less important than out of warranty coverage. Look for a company with attractive sensor replacement costs for the life of the product.
- Sensor – sensor design and durability are very important in veterinary medicine. Be sure the sensor is Direct USB, extremely durable and uses the latest materials for leading edge image quality.
- Support – Without great support the entire system can be worthless. Be sure the company you work with offers unlimited phone and web based support at no charge for life. You may need help with tasks like configuring custom patient reports, integration to PM software and PACS, assistance with positioning techniques. Make a wish list of what’s important to you before speaking to a representative.
|Description||Size 1 Sensor||Size 2 Sensor|
|External Dims (mm)||25 x 39||30.5 x 42|
|External Dims w/Boot (mm)||NA||33 x 45|
|Active Image Area (mm)||20 x 30||26 x 34|
|Image Pixel Size||20 µm x 20 µm||20 µm x 20 µm|
|Number of Pixels||1.5 million||2.2 million|
|Theoretical Resolution||20 lp/mm||20 lp/mm|
|Cable length||2.2 meters||2.2 meters|
|Warranty||3 year defect lifetime replacement||3 year defect lifetime replacement|