This new hand scaling instrument set contains all the scalers and curettes required for supra- and sub-gingival scaling. The groundbreaking design of the curettes halves the number required for subgingival scaling, while simplifying and speeding up the process. Two instruments take the place of four, and are easily identifiable by color coded handles, with red or “danger” instruments being only for supragingival (above gum-line) scaling. Instruments also feature comfortable non-slip silicone handles and DuraMax tips with high wear resistance, highly immune to corrosion.
Included in the Deluxe Paw Prints Periodontal Kit:
- Perio Probe / Explorer Combo, Blue: Probe has markings of 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm. The small diameter ball-end at the probe’s tip prevents damaging soft tissue and facilitates more accurate pocket measures. The explorer is basic shepherds hook for cavity detection.
- Gracey 1-2, Gray: “Anterior” Gracey.
- Gracey 11-12, Orange: “Mesial” Gracey.
- Gracey 13-14, Blue: “Distal” Gracey.
- Universal Gracey, Yellow: This instrument combines mesial and distal Gracey curettes in to one universal instrument. Each end has two cutting edges. This instrument is used like a Gracey curette, keeping the lower shank parallel to the tooth surface while scaling, but it offers the convenience of a universal curette.
- Universal Gracey petite, Yellow: This instrument is like the regular universal Gracey, but with shorter and smaller blade, and with extended lower shank for better access to deeper pockets.
- Scaler Posterior, Red: Larger scaler for heavy calculus removal.
- Scaler Posterior Petite, Red: Smaller scaler for light to medium calculus removal and for smaller patients.
View our full catalog here. Call Dentalaire today at 800-866-6881 and find out more about the Paw Prints Periodontal Kit, ideal for any veterinary dental practice.